Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 6 -- What are you afraid of?

Two things top the fear charts for me; those are snakes, and failure.


Snakes. They can't be trusted. Anyone who tells you that they like snakes is a liar. I welcome any positive examples of these slithering monstrosities. My most recent run in with a snake came a few weeks ago when I was in the lake at my parent's house. I saw what I thought was a turtle head, was about to point it out to my friend (it was around 2-3 feet from us. Ew.), then I saw a tongue. Panic ensued on both of our parts, I swam the wrong direction trying to get to the dock stairs, had a rope touch my arm, thought I was a goner, then somehow made it onto the dock. I imagine that I walked on water or levitated out of pure fear. Ew.


Failure. This is probably the most generic fear but I definitely have it. Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that you must learn from your mistakes and failure... but failure on a large scale is absolutely terrifying to me. The main thing I worry about failing at is probably my future job. So much rides on a production manager or assistant director. One little slip up and your entire career will be done. Yikes. But I'm trying to not let that get in the way of my dreams.


So there they are. Two things that I am most afraid of. Pretty common but realistic things. The day that snakes cannot bite or kill will be the day that I am not afraid of them. Failure is a fear but I honestly believe it's a good fear. We all need that little piece of fear of failure in the back of our minds to motivate us to do our best. I'll leave it at that.

Jennifer. OUT.



No comments:

Post a Comment